About As in a Mirror, Dimly

A platform for me to develop my understanding of theology and its application.

Wednesday 21 April 2010

An Afternoon in the Garden

I had the afternoon off today and
managed to spend the latter part of it in the garden for the first time this year. This is my third summer in the house (Mrs H was here for about three years before we met). The first summer was something of a dead loss gardening wise, but last year I hit the ground running. Bill paid for a new fence which meant that we could dig out the borders and beds, and we planted out a number of perennials. At the end of the summer I ruthlessly hacked back overgrown bushes; too late in the year to plant anything in the newly cleared space.

Last autumn I planted fifty tulip bulbs without telling Mrs H, which are now in full bloom. The garden is full of promise and the window boxes are reattached to the walls. Sadly we are planning to move house and we will not reap the benefits of all our hard work. At least we can take the tubs, windowboxes and hanging baskets with us. I hope to be able to have a greenhouse at the new address, but Mrs H's tulips will have to be left behind.

Picture from last year's garden

No comments:

Post a Comment